Thank you for choosing Booth Western Art Museum as an extension of your classroom instruction! Please review the following information carefully so that everyone involved will have the best experience possible.
- All programs are based on the Georgia Standards of Excellence and Georgia Performance Standards in language arts, social studies, and visual arts. Science and Next Generation Science Standards are supported through our STEAM program.
- There is a 10 student minimum for guided programs.
- If the number of students in your group changes, please contact Scheduling at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770- 387-3849 and let us know as soon as possible.
- All programs may include a short stop in the Candace Alexander McNair Museum Store if requested by the teacher. This time provides the students with a restroom break and opportunity to buy a souvenir.
- Please follow the adult to student ratio recommendation:
- 1 adult / 10 students for Pre-K through 5th grade programs
- All successful programs involve active participation of adults in helping to maintain the student’s discipline and focus.
School Program Prices:
- $5.00 for students (3-17 years of age) or student with ID
- $4.00 for Bartow, Cherokee & Forsyth county students
- $6.00 for students (3-17 years of age) for The Union Dissolved program and STEAM program
- $10.00 + tax for parents / chaperones
- If a parent or chaperone is a Booth Museum Member = Free
- Educators and bus drivers with system identification = Free
- $5.00 for students in Home School Groups (3-17 years of age)
- One adult is admitted free with every 15 home school students
- Home school siblings under 3 years old are free
Reservations are guaranteed once you have booked with Group Scheduling and received a Field Trip Reservation Form in return. The Reservation Form serves as your invoice. You may submit the Reservation Form online here, or email email@example.com with your request. This is not an online booking system, so please be aware that you will still need to receive the Reservation Form in return for confirmation of your field trip. Cancellations are required at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled visit unless the cancellation is due to an act of nature. We will work with you to reschedule an alternate date.
The Reservation Form serves as your invoice. Payment is due on the day of the visit and must be made with one check for the entire student group. Parents and chaperones may pay individually. We accept checks made to Booth Western Art Museum. We also accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Purchase Orders are also accepted.
Please check in at the museum 15 minutes prior to your programs scheduled start time. Both morning and afternoon program times are available.
Cameras are welcome at Booth Western Art Museum for private, non-commercial use only. Photography is not permitted in special exhibitions or areas designated as “No Photography.” Flashes, video cameras, selfie sticks, monopods and tripods are prohibited.
Candace Alexander McNair Museum Store:
As part of a school field trip, your students will have time to visit the Candace Alexander McNair Museum Store. In our gift shop, we have a special table just for children where items range in price from $0.25 to $5.00 plus tax. For more information and examples, click here.
Directions and Parking: Click Here
If planning to eat lunch at the Museum, space must be reserved when making your reservation; otherwise, students are welcome to picnic outside on the grounds in designated areas (we do not have any picnic tables). Please bring large garbage bags or boxes to take the trash back to your school. In case of inclement weather, inside facilities may be available.